Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Chinese Feast at Ce Wei Artha Gading

So far, Ce Wei might be one of the best dim sum in Jakarta, yet I believe there are more better yum cha places that I have not visited. But for many discount promos to dine in Ce Wei, you could still get many decent food especially their roasted meat varieties.


The last time I visited Ce Wei Artha Gading, me and friends were getting double meat platter. Our choices were roasted duck and honey char siew. They were quite good, the duck was succulent and char siew was nicely seasoned. However, the pork was too sweet for my liking.



As I always craving for "non-halal" dim sum that pretty hard to find in Jakarta, I ordered dim sum too. But unfortunately, they only serve halal now (or since they open? I did not really pay attention). However, I still like this restaurant better than others I have attempted. I ordered chicken feet, har kau, egg custard bun, xiao long bao, durian pastry, shrimp spring roll which is wrapped with bean curd skin and siew may. All the food were pretty delicious, especially the durian pastry; which is a deep fried skin (homemade I think) with durian filling that unexpectedly be the star dish of the day. And yeah, we ordered another portion after our first one.


I am still looking for the best dim sum places (non-halal of course) that especially have the best egg custard bun like I have ever experienced in Singapore. Until now, I have not found any competitor for it. Egg custard bun is supposed to have custard filling flooding inside the bun like lava and that's the first custard bun I ate in Singapore look like. In contrast, in Jakarta, the custard filling is rather like "kaya" consistency which I think they actually indeed using kaya instead of the real egg yolk.

For all the dishes I had, I got 30% discount for the dim sum and additional 20% for the meat platter as I was offered their member card (using member card got 20% discount on weekends and 50% on weekdays). That was a very good deal I might say.


Ce Wei BBQ Restaurant
Mall Artha Gading Lt 2 Blk A2
Jl. Boulevard Artha Gading Selatan No. 1
North Jakarta
021-45863736
www.cewei.co.id

Monday - Sunday10.00 - 22.00


No comments:

Post a Comment