Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Angke : The Authentic Chinese Restaurant


Angke has been a legend for their authentic Chinese cuisine here. Honestly, I indeed prefer the Chinese restaurants that filled and talked by old people as it indicated that their dishes are worth the wait. Yea, I said "worth the wait" as Angke always packed during lunch and dinner time and have a long list of waiting hungry customers. 


Me, as a youngster also like to join of the old men's excitement for this restaurant. I have been eating at Angke since my childhood (well not frequently) and til now I still claim their rendition of "lindung cah fumak" (stir fried eel with fumak veggies) is the best. Intense flavour of the sauce and seasoning makes you can not stop digging in. The other reason why they serve the best lindung is that the eel is not mushy but still firm and soft inside with a nice bit of crispiness on every bite. 

Our order also came with salad dingin that day (cold salad), a plate of chinese salad, that contain guts on the side with coleslaw (mixed turnips, carrots and jelly fish). This is one of the recommended dish to have as well and the only dish I could snapped during my family dinner. It's really hard to take a picture when you go eating with family, the dishes are gone in no time (ha!).

Besides, it's also a must to try their steamed chicken with garlic, shrimp spring roll and "sapo tahu". They are pricey I admit, but along with the reasonable portion and amazing taste, they are worth to be priced that high. If it's not worth it, there won't be such a long queue right? All is good, the only thing I could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment