Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Publik Markette: The Newest Market of Ismaya Group

Another new restaurant opened in the newly extended east wing of Grand Indonesia and again another new concept from the one and only Ismaya Group. I must have thought of the group's child is likely to have an extraordinary concept and interior. Food? Let's see..




Well, I was not wrong as the place was quite fancy - a place for you to have a "pretty" meal - eat prettily and dressed up. The concept also unusual, they claim to be the first one to adopt it - food gallery, where you directly order your food to a counter, it's freshly made and their menu varied everyday. Hmm. Interesting. 

To order, you have to bring your table-no stick to the food counter and show it to the staff and your name will be noted too. You can either pay immediately or call for bill after your meal. 

They have a quite wide range of menu, choices of proteins, carbs until desserts.

I ordered baramundi with sauteed zuchini, clam chowder and orange cool. I waited pretty long for my food to be served on my table and it's a bit disappointing because actually all the food displayed have been cooked and maybe they only need time to re-heat them? or not?




Well, the baramundi was perfectly cooked and seasoned well. It was a big fish but unfortunately they didn't crisp up the skin. It would be more delicious if they did tho as the skin was soggy when I had it. The zuchinis also well cooked, it's soft but still have the crunch as I bit them. However, the seasoning was rather bland. 


The Big Portion Chowder





















 

The chowder came in big bowl and I felt full already after my main course so I just tried a couple spoon of it. It was creamy enough without overpowering milky taste but the clam was smelly. Too bad.


Might be The Best Juice I've Ever Had!





















My favourite was the orange cool. Refined-sugar free and very fresh! The sourness from the lemon, sweetness from the orange and the coolness from the mint leaves completed the beverage as a whole.

Overall experience was okay for me, nothing that made me crave for more of their food. But, the service was excellent. One of the staffs helped me to get my drink ordered despite of the initial rule she told me that I still had to order it from the counter. I was waiting for my friend that noon, so perhaps she took pity on me waiting for too long. haha. Thanks anyway, mbak! :)

Publik Markette

Grand Indonesia Mall, East Mall, Ground Floor
Jl. MH Thamrin, North Jakarta
021 23581281

No comments:

Post a Comment