Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Seorak Chuoetang: A Hidden Korean Restaurant in Kelapa Gading

The restaurant opened not long ago in Kelapa Gading and I was interested in stepping in my feet there to taste the traditional Korean Cuisine.


On my visit, surprisingly, me and my sister are the only Indonesian customers which somehow shown the authenticity of the menu.




The menu is not as wide as and also unusually served in other Korean restos. I ordered cheese tokpoki (IDR 120k) as my sister had been craving for it and Sun Dae Guk (IDR 80k). The food portion is pretty big for 2 of us and quite struggled to finish the whole thing, we were super stuffed that day. 






Personally, I wasn't really fond of the tokpoki, it was too sweet. On the other hand, the Sun Dae Guk was very good. Sun Dae Guk is Korean soup with pig guts, meat and also ears and blood sausage. The broth itself reminded me of Samgyetang, maybe the basic ingredients are the same. It was savoury and the meats were tender and perfectly cooked. Maybe I'll add more salt for myself but I had to be health conscious not to consume salt too much haha and I was afraid to ruin the flavour.












Is There Any Other Korean Resto Serves Pork As A Banchan?


However, the highlight of the dining was the pork cheek and blood sausage banchan and I was like impressed that pork dishes served as banchan (read: free). LOL. The blood sausage was the same sausage used for Sun Dae Guk, tasted good, the leek salad (if I am not mistaken) was fresh and nicely seasoned. But unfortunately, the pork cheek I think not tender enough although it's not tough either. But it would be nice if it's more tender and succulent. Win win! But it's okay lah since it's free haha.

Overall, quite good food and hospitality especially from the Korean owner that personally explained the menu to us in Indonesian although it's not his mother tongue. Would love to come for other dishes, especially the jokbal! 

Seorak Chuoetang (Resto Bumbu Dua)
Ruko Inkopal Blok F No. 36
Jl. Boulevard, Kelapa Gading
Jakarta
021 29375435

Monday - Sunday : 11.00 - 22.00

No comments:

Post a Comment