Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

The Savoury, Sweet, Sour and Famous Soto Mie Karang Anyar

Do you think rendang is the best Indonesian food? Well, it was so good indeed and it has been crowned as the best dish in the world according to CNN Travel's Worlds 50 Best Food in 2011 voted by the readers. However, it is injustice to leave out many other traditional Indonesian food of the best food lists. The "others" include soto mie, which I will talk about in this post.

To be honest, I never really liked eating soto mie as most of the soto mie I ate was rather bland and additional risol to my soto mie would be really helpful. Therefore, when my sister decided to eat at Soto Mie Karang Anyar, I was a bit skeptical yet couldn't do much about it. Actually I have tried it before though, at the first branch (or the only branch at that time) when I was in primary but I barely remember how it tastes.

Now they have expanded to Kelapa Gading, one of the most visit culinary destination. The situation is still the same, the crowd grew when the time close to lunch hours. Does it prove the soto mie is worth to try?

See the delicious and hearty ingredients inside!

I ordered a small portion of soto mie which successfully satisfied my tummy. The portion was enough for me, freaking delicious and cheap, what could I ask anymore?

The soto mie comes with 2 choices of noodles or beehoon and I had beehoon that day with all the other yummy complements, crunchy shredded cabbage, plentiful of meat, fresh tomatoes and fragrance spring onions. The broth was really good even prior to adding any additional ingredients such as sweet soy sauce and splash of lime juice. But those ingredients are a must for me in my soto and it indeed was not a failure. All I can say is perfect!

Soto mie always be perfect with risol
Unlike any other soto mie parlour, here the risol is served separately. It intends to avoid the risol to be too soggy I guess.

The risol was good too. Crispy and savoury at the same time. And the best when I dipped it into my delicious soto broth!

Nothing can beat comfort food, cheap price and good companies.

Soto Mie Karang Anyar
Jl. Boulevard Utara Kelapa Gading FX1 No. 3
Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta
021 4532879

No comments:

Post a Comment