Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dill Gourmet at Plaza Indonesia

This cafe was once Secret Recipe on Lower Basement, same floor as Food Hall. The place is an open space and have many chalk-writing for their menu and promo like other normal coffee shop. As I was on mission to fulfill my randomness, so I did order random food and drink. Hence, for that night I had a cup of cappuccino and for main course, Hutong Duck Sandwich. We might have heard about peking duck, but Hutong Duck, sounds new for most of us. An interesting dish to order I might say. Apparently, Hutong, like the famous- Peking, is also a city in China. Peking is basically Beijing and Hutong, which is, well, Hutong.

Dill Gourmet has a promo of purchasing coffee or tea you will be able to get 50% off for any desserts. I definitely didn't want to miss the chance, so I bought an apple crumble pie to take away. They do not stop there, they also offer a free jumbo cookie if you follow them on twitter or instagram, snap a picture of dish you order and upload it.

Here's how it goes :
  1. Follow @dillgourmet on twitter/instagram
  2. Buy any food and beverage (or you could buy first then follow later like what I did he.he)
  3. Take a picture of those dishes
  4. Tweet or upload to instagram with mention their account and put hash-tag #dillgourmetcafe
I followed the rules and sure, I got the cookie. However, I was wondering them not checking their twitter as I could get the giant cookie by telling them that I've done those steps. No clarification and all that. Never mind, customers' gain. Ha..ha.


The cappuccino comes with green tea cookies
I guess all the beverages are complemented with green tea cookies. As for mine, cappuccino nothing to brag about, unless for the latte art which for me it's cool (Sorry, it's my first drink with latter art).

My Complete Dinner
As we can see, there's a label on the sandwich package, I reckon all the sandwiches are labeled, simple thought, so it might not switched. I uploaded this to my twitter, but as I mentioned before, I think it wasn't uploaded properly, yet, I still got the cookie. Yay!
Sorry for the truth that this ugly duckling is awesome!
Finally, I reach this part where I review the yummy duck! You have no idea how exciting I am to exaggerate the awesomeness of this dish. Okay, I am not actually exaggerating because it's truly awesome!

You can see some crackling on the bun which was crispy yet soft inside. I never ever tasted any sandwich bun like this before. The filling? Don't ask. Despite the normal veggies and condiments, the duck, once again I said, delicious. The duck have been marinated and cooked to the perfection, succulent and nicely seasoned. When I take the whole stack in one bite, the flavour and texture just complete. Got crispy and soft at the same time from the bun, salty and more sweetness from the Hutong Duck and tartness from spicy mayo. Honestly, I was surprised, in a good way, on the first bite. The sandwich is no joke.

Free Chocolate Cookie
I just recalled to snap the cookie picture when I was on the way finishing it. Apple's logo still be famous though it's halfway bitten right? LOL.
The taste was okay for me, not so sweet and the dark chocolate was prominent, which is good. I still prefer Subway's soft cookies and I miss it!

As for the apple crumble pie was not good. Maybe due to exposed too much outside fridge, so the pastry was soggy. However, the apple custard didn't wow me either. The chocolate flavour overpowered the apple mixture, while it's supposed to be the star of the dish.

Overall, the sandwich is definitely worth a try, might come back to try another variety. By the way, I only spent IDR 75k for the whole order, which I think it's pretty reasonable.

Dill Gourmet Cafe
Plaza Indonesia
Lower Basement Floor
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Central Jakarta
Operating Hours: 08.00 - 22.00

Telp : 021-2992 4512
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dill-Gourmet-Cafe
Twitter/instagram : @dillgourmet

















No comments:

Post a Comment