Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kainara - Gluten Free Food Store

This is something new in Indonesia. I was excited when I got this name popped out from Sophie Navita's photo in instagram (@sophienavita). Well, I am going through a healthy lifestyle, and I thought this would be worth trying. Hence, I opened their website, eye-ing their products and made a decision to buy some of the snacks, since it was approaching Eid Mubarak's holiday season. They have two choices of delivery, by their courier if prevent the orders from unwanted damage or JNE. They get their courier sent orders every Thursday with IDR 25k charged added to every order, while JNE is calculated by the weight. I got my ordered delivered by courier. Prior to being offered for their courier choice, I was told that for JNE my order was included in 1kg weight and the fee was IDR 10k.

Their snack line includes chips, crackers, cookies and even gluten-free ice cream. Besides, they also have gluten-free ingredients such as gluten-free flour and rice. For me, I ordered corn tortillas (200g, @IDR 17,500), kimpul chips (blue taro chips, 250g @IDR 19,000) and kaastangel (1 cookie jar), savory cheese cookies. However, after I got my orders delivered, I found that the cookies doesn't contain any cheese at all, only salt and some combination of flour which is gluten-free of course. Despite of very lightly seasoned, honestly, their taste was not bad. The chips were crunchy, seasoning was okay for me and because I personally like snacking so much, they were still addictive (which is actually bad for me).

Since the products are made with healthy ingredients and unfortunately they are overcharged nowadays; you might find it a bit overpriced, especially the cookies, but it's mostly reasonable I might say as having tagged as healthy food. 

Overall, producing healthy products in the country which healthy eating is still rare to be lived by the citizen is a brave move and I would like to try order others product as well. 

If you want to order and have any inquiry, the owner, Ms Christien can be reached through email or phone (the phone number listed for whatsapp too). She is friendly and nice, so feel free to contact her anytime.

Kainara
The Shop at La Mitta
Jl. Cempaka No. 20
Jatibening, Bekasi 17412

No comments:

Post a Comment