Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Brownbag, Menteng Central: Finally Got to Try This Sandwich Cafe


As the title I put above, yes, finally I got the chance to visit the cafe yesterday and had the sandwiches. The place itself decorated like typical usual cafe found in Jakarta. It's quite cozy with outdoor seats as an option for those who would like to watch the Jakarta's traffic more closely, both vehicles and human. haha.

Other than sandwiches, they also serve dishes that a western restaurant normally has, from appetizer such as salads to main courses (steaks, fish and chips etc) and desserts. Besides, as a cafe at the same time, of course, coffee beverage and lattes can also be found here.



As I had been eye-ing on their sandwich selections even before I came here, I gladly opted for Roast Beef Sandwich (IDR 64k) for my early dinner that day, served on a type of wood cutting board with potato chips on the side. It's not the french type, but the thin-crispy-and-round kinda chips. The sandwich itself stuffed with thinly slice roast beef, veggie with mayo dressing. What I liked is they did not go wild with the mayo, which is good. 

Unfortunately, I found the beef lack of tenderness and was not really satisfying, for both portion and texture. Furthermore, I just wished that they would have made their bun crispier on the outer side. However, despite of all the weaknesses, frankly speaking, I would love to go back there to try other sandwiches which looked so appealing to me.


Brownbag
Menteng Central, Ground Floor
Jl. HOS Cokroaminoto No. 78, Menteng
Jakarta Pusat
021 2305000 

Monday - Sunday : 07.00 - 22.00
TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment