Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Juicy Umami Burger at Umabo

I rarely have a visit to restaurants around Kebayoran Baru area for they are so ridiculously jammed, humanly and vehicle-ly. But this time, they should be quite thankful (hey, who am I?) I spared my time to have dinner at one of them before I headed to a wedding party nearby.

Using the ultimate road assistant, google map on my phone, I arrived at the unfamiliar destination, Umabo, safe and sound. It's not actually located at the heart of crowd but quite dark and secluded area. The restaurant itself empty when I stepped in but not long afterwards a couple and a family came in to have their night meal too.



Simple and Warm Wood Interior

Cozy sofas to chill



Simply decorated with some frames on the wall and furnished with long sofas attached on the other side and light colour wood furniture which are easy on the eye. The space itself is not too big so I can imagine it won't be comfortable (at least for me) if it's crazily packed and crowded. 

Apparently, Umabo is the tech savvy one. They use Ipads in replace of conventional paper menus and we can conveniently place our order directly from the devices. After that the staffs will patiently ask the customers about their preference regarding to the orders. 

Decent Portion of Caesar Salad
To start our dinner, we had Caesar Salad (around IDR 40k) which came with decent portion and taste okay too. The dressing was enough to coat all the veggie and the chicken breast chunks and bacon bits complemented the dish quite well.


As a rice bowl specialty, I didn't think I would miss the menu. Therefore, my sister opted for one, which called OMG3 Bowl (around IDR 60k). A bowl of rice topped with salmon and thick Japanese sauce. When I dig in, I tasted a hint of wasabi but it's not really bothering as my sister didn't taste any apparently. However, frankly speaking, the miso sauce was too thick and salty to my liking but the salmon was perfectly cooked.

Juicy Umami Burger

For myself, as I had been craving for a good burger, I ordered one without a doubt, a portion of Flaming Burger (IDR 58k). As reflected on the name, the burger filled with spicy condiment and a single beef patty and it came with no side dish. The meat itself quite thick and with the spicy sauce it was overall quite juicy. But another factor that stole my heart the most was the crispy and soft bun! I was like so happy devouring the meal til the end. However, unfortunately, the seasoning was not evenly distributed inside the patty, so there were a couple times I bit on a very salty side which resulted in heavy water demand for the rest of the night. :(

Umabo
Jl. Wijaya I No. 22
Wijaya, Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan
 021 7222063

Sunday - Thursday : 11.00 - 22.30
Friday - Saturday    : 11.00 - 24.00

No comments:

Post a Comment