Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Shirokuma at Pantai Indah Kapuk

These past 2 years, Jakarta has been bombarded with tons of dessert places and my apology I have to say that most of them are overrated. Apparently, Shirokuma is one of them. It has been opened at Pantai Indah Kapuk months ago but this was the only time I could manage to visit. Oh well, that's because I just had dinner in the area with my friends and they wanted to go there. I had been wanting to visit actually, but the long queue always successfully killed my curiosity. As usual, the Japanese specialty dessert place was packed but luckily my friends arrived earlier and manage to get seats for four of us so we did not have to be in the long waiting list.



The menu was actually pretty interesting, but we were quite full that time so we decided to only order 2 desserts to share, Fruit Parfait (IDR 37k) and Anmitsu Fruit (IDR 33k). There are no significant difference between the 2 desserts, except for anmitsu fruit are indeed meant for sharing without corn flakes that you can find in fruit parfait plus you need to pay extra IDR 12k if you want to put ice cream on top. Unfortunately, the only better thing of these desserts are the soft ice cream although it did not blow me away either, but I think you might want to add the extra.



The fruit parfait comes with a portion of twist ice cream, vanilla and matcha. The toppings consist of red bean, mochi, corn flakes, some matcha jelly, which I could barely taste the green tea flavour and some other ingredients that I cannot remember. The taste was just okay though, even with the famous soft ice cream. Likewise, the anmitsu fruit has nothing special either, as they are actually similar. 

Fruit Parfait (37k)

Animatsu Parfait with additional Matcha Soft Ice Cream (33k + 12k)
So final thing to say is, one visit is maybe enough unless there is something that can change my mind.

But you can come and join the hype!


Shirokuma
Ruko Grown Golf Blok A No. 32, Bukit Gold Mediterania
Jl. Marina Indah Raya Pantai Indah Kapuk
North Jakarta
021 29237523
www.cafeshirokuma.com/

Monday - Thursday : 11.00 - 23.00
Friday - Sunday       : 11.00 - 24.00
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment