Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ikkudo Ichi at Kelapa Gading

Although, it might seem that Japanese food euphoria, especially ramen has come to the end, but there's always a space in Indonesian people for it. We can still remember the pioneer of rows of Japanese ramen at Kelapa Gading area, Hakata Ikousha, started the trend. As the competition reach the hottest level, it calmed down a little bit.

Ikkudo Ichi, a famous ramen chain in Jakarta, takes the same step by opening their branches at Kelapa Gading; Kelapa Gading Mall and .It can be said that Kelapa Gading is ramentown.


I went to the one at Boulevard Kelapa Gading, attached with another restaurant, Carnivor, you are certainly served with variety of food, Japanese and Western, which I should say it's quite a brilliant idea. Well, skip the business part, let's move on to the nom nom part which is the main star that you have been waiting. 

Pork Karaage Curry Rice (52.5k)
As my friend has visited Ikkudo Ichi before and I have not, she told me that their curry rice is quite good and I must agree with that. For the restaurant that not really a specialty in curry rice, I might say that the rice is well executed. The curry is rich and well seasoned, pork cutlet is crispy and tender, all is eaten together with fragrant and hot Japanese rice served with spicy chili on the side, nothing's better that than.

Ikkudo's Buta Kara (53.8k)
Two of my companies ordered the signature ramen of Ikkudo Ichi, Ikkudo's Buta Kara. Milky broth topped with a whole tamago, sliced pork belly, some hot sauce and their choice of noodles, curly noodles. I did not taste the pork actually, but pork always (usually) tastes good, huh? However, to be honest, I prefer the rich and milkier version at Hakata Ikousha and small noodle option.

Buta Curry (53.8k)
The other order was buta curry, the curry taste was rather too light for my palate (I still love my curry rice hehe) and my friend agreed with that. The ramen served with the hot sauce too which I found pretty spicy.

Yaki Buta Gyoza (28k)
The side dish of that day was Yaki Buta Gyoza (Grilled Pork Dumpling) aka Japanese guo tie. Still, after many gyozas I have ever had never beat the land of pig's version of it. The gyoza served with chili sauce and you will get 6pcs per portion.

Overall, it's a nice experience eating at the restaurant, reasonably priced, decent food, good ambiance and cozy, proven by our visit that last for couple of hours. However, I think they should improve their service to be faster and more aware of costumer's call.

Ikkudo Ichi
Jl. Boulevard Raya blok LN No. 6
Kelapa Gading 
North Jakarta

Monday - Friday   : 10.00 - 22.00
Saturday - Sunday :10.00 - 23.00
TWITTER | FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment